Date(s) - 03/03/2018
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Cumming Arts Center
Instructor: Katie Phillips
Have you ever admired a painting that had tons of texture and unique blends of color? Chances are it was created with an impasto painting method often done using a palette knife. The knives allow you to use thick layers of paint, leave highly visible marks and apply them in a loose, energetic manner. This 2 1/2 hour workshop will show you how to get started with palette knife painting and different strategies for creating a range of effects.
- We’ll start by discussing different palette knives and mediums
- Next, we’ll talk about techniques to using palette knives
- Then, we’ll do a painting exercise designed to loosen up and get comfortable with the palette knives
- Finally, we’ll walk step-by-step through a paintin
You will leave with one painting and knowledge to start palette knife painting on your own.
Level – Advanced Beginner/Intermediate
- 1– 11×14 canvas
- 1 – 16 x 20 canvas
- 1 8oz. jar Liquitex flexible modeling paste
- Set of metal or plastic palette knives
- 1 or 2 photos of an abstract painting that you lik
Paints, brushes, easels and pencils will be provided by the instructor.
Registrations are closed for this class.