Date(s) - 02/13/2018
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Cumming Arts Center
Instructor: Katie Phillips
Have you ever wanted to try painting as a hobby? Or maybe you’ve done the “wine and canvas” type classes before but want to dig in a little deeper? If so, then Acrylics Crash Course is just for you! This workshop is designed with the beginning painter in mind, teaching the “why” and “how” of this versatile painting medium. By the end of the course, you will have both the confidence and encouragement to try painting on your own and start building on what you’ve learned.
- We’ll start by learning about different painting materials and getting set-up
- Then, we’ll participate in a fun painting exercise to loosen up and get the creativity flowing (LUNCH BREAK – bring a sack lunch)
- From there, we’ll talk about basic color theory, how to choose colors and do color mixing exercises
- Finally, we’ll discuss composition, design elements and practice basic painting techniques with a still life painting
You will leave with two paintings; an abstract and a still life.
Level – Beginner / Intermediate
1– 18 x 24 canvas (Artist Loft level 1)
1 – 11 x 14 canvas (Artist Loft level 1)
1 Brush Set (Artist Loft White Synthetic Brush Set of 10)
Suggested acrylic brands Winsor & Newton Galeria or Grumbacher Academy
- Cadmium Red
- Ultramarine Blue
- Sap Green
- Yellow Ochre
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Raw Sienna
- Burnt Sienna
- Raw Sienna
- Paynes Gray (Michael’s only has this color in the Grumbacher Academy brand)
- Titanium White
All materials can be purchased at Michael’s.
Registrations are closed for this class.