Date(s) - 05/01/2019
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Cumming Arts Center
Instructor Bio: an aspen
NOTE: This is a four day class (on Mondays) that starts May 6. You need to register for the class using the May 6 date. If this is mid-month and you want to join an, you will have to write to her directly .
Students will learn and practice drawing concepts and drawing from still life sets. If you are frustrated with your drawing skills (think you can’t draw a stick figure?) or just need to brush up, come to this class and learn how to draw anything from life or your imagination. This class will continue monthly. Four Mondays in May: 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th. 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Level: Beginner – Intermediate
- Drawing Board – any kind. You can also use foam core as a board
- Clips to hold your paper in place – Bulldog clips are available at Staples
- 18×24 newsprint pad
- **18×24 Strathmore 400 Series Drawing pad
**if you do not already own this, purchase the Canson pad instead. If you have the Strathmore, please purchase a Canson pad also – It’s around $14.
- 18×24 Canson XL Drawing Pad (found this online at DickBlick.com)
- Vine Charcoal – Soft.
- Graphite drawing pencils 6H, 2H, 2B, 3B, 5B 8B
I recommend Faber Castell 9000 or Staedtler Lumograph brand. I suggest buying a set and adding any single pencil(s) not included in the set. DickBlick.com currently has sets for $9.99
- 2-3 Faber Castell or PrismaColor kneaded erasers.
****DO NOT buy the other brands, as they don’t work as well and don’t last. I use safety pin boxes to keep my erasers soft and separated, but a baggie also works.
- KUM Long Point Pencil Sharpener
There is also an electric/battery sharpener I’m looking into.
- Paper Towels